We’ve looked ahead at what are set to be the key marketing trends of 2016. We collated them, interpreted them and deliver here all that you need to know to ensure you stay one step ahead of the pack.
- Integration – All business, if not already, need to now be seeking marketing as an extension of their sales cycle as well as their customer service. Understanding your customer’s shopping behaviours and monitoring their interaction with your business of ALL platforms is vital if you want to fully understand your customer.
- Relevance – What we do know well, as both customers and from a salesman’s perspective, is that consumers are sick of in-your-face marketing. At the root, if our advertising isn’t relevant then its simply annoying. And if it’s annoying, it can quite easily be brand damaging – so make sure that when you’re posting or placing ads whether it be digitally or physically, that the right consumers are going to have sight of them. And how do you know where that is? Well, if you’ve been closely monitoring their behaviours and getting a good understanding of them as suggested in point 1, then you should get pretty good at this too!
- 3D – This one’s a bit of a techy’s dream but 3D is set to move towards mainstream in 2016. Customer experience will be priority number 1. This trend will be most apparent in the gaming industry but as the tech to create and consume is delivered to us, marketers with these skills be looking to bring products ‘virtually’ to life.
- Social Channel – We talk about it a lot in our blogs but Social isn’t going to be going anywhere in 2016. It will no longer be seen as a strategy all by itself and will continue to be vital both as a sales and marketing channel as well as a fantastic customer service platform.
- Mobile – If you haven’t already you’re behind! Well behind. Like even behind the sleeping Hare in The Tortoise and The Hare. It’s not going away- mobile is here to stay. A while back web browsing on mobile passed desktop browsing so if you’re not mobile friendly put simply, you’re missing out on customers! Catch up – QUICK!
- Video – Say it with a Video should perhaps be your motto for 2016, especially if you want to engaged with millennials (that’s theMillennial Generation or Generation Y- the demographic cohort following Generation X. Most researchers suggest those born from the early 1980s to the early 2000s). Without doubt, video is a must-have marketing tactic. Consumers find it quick and easy to digest and well, whereas we used to use the term “a picture says a thousand words” a video “simply says it all”. Plus video is entertaining and if you can create and deliver content that’s entertaining it will be watched, and if it’s watched you have a captive audience and if you have a captive audience… well; I don’t think I need to spell it out for you!
- Content – The term “Content Is King” is likely to be one you’ve seen and heard a lot of in 2015. My moto for 2016 is “Content is a Seed, from which your mighty Oak will grow”. Ok, so it’s not as catchy but it does at least explain itself. 2016 will see even greater focus on the need for more organic marketing. Storytelling is also going to play a key role in bring consumers in and keeping them engaged. So think of it like a seed, and keep planting those seeds, and water them and nurture them, and bring everyone along for the ride.
In summary, marketing in 2016 will move forward. Like it’s own seedling, the tree of digital marketing has now well and truely taken root. It’s growing (and changing) – fast. Keep your focus on your customer, ensure you always deliver value and keep all channels of communication open. And most importantly, stay creative –find and explore new ways to deliver what you have to offer to your customers when and where they need it!
As always, if you need any help implementing any of these trends, don’t hesitate to give us a shout!